About Me

My photo
I'm a college graduate waiting to see what the next chapter in my life will bring. I love baby hippos, cooking, and my boyfriend Kevin.

2.27.2009

I figured I'd write since I have some downtime. I'm at the baseball stadium waiting for game 2 of the SHSU Bearkat Classic to start. This game is Sam Houston vs. Saint Mary's but I wont bore you with another baseball blog.

Today the trial against Ernesto Reyes came to a conclusion. In September of 2007 a friend of Kevin's from high school, Melanie Goodwin was murdered. Ernesto Reyes is the man they believed was responsible. The trial started earlier this week and came to a close today. He was found guilty of capital murder and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. The death penalty was taken off the table because after the murder he fled to Mexico and in order for the Mexican government to allow his extradition back to the states the prosecution has to ensure they wouldn't fight for a death sentence.

Given the circumstances I believe that the Goodwin family, and Melanie's friends received the best possible outcome. I hope this bring them all the peace they need. Melanie can now rest in peace.

0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online