About Me

My photo
I'm a college graduate waiting to see what the next chapter in my life will bring. I love baby hippos, cooking, and my boyfriend Kevin.

2.22.2009

Academy Awards!!!

I just finished watching the Oscars. It was sooooo much better then previous years. Awards shows always seemed a bit impersonal to me you know the usual listing of the nominees and calling out who won...the only interesting parts were listening to the speeches and even those were ruined by rude music if they went to long. Well this time they changed it up a bit. For the actor awards they actually had past winners that spoke directly to each nominee, praising them for their work. It was incredibly touching.

Hugh Jackman hosted this year. Good choice. He was fun, he did skits and sang songs. It was awesome, they even did an entire musical montage.

There were also a few emotional moments tonight. The first was when Dustin Lance Black won best original screenplay for "Milk". His acceptance speech was incredible. He thanked his mother for loving him as a gay man even when people didnt think she should and he encouraged other gay and lesbian's to stand up for themselves and not listen to hatred. He told them that God doesnt hate them and that they are loved and to stay strong. <3> I also teared up when Heath Ledger won and his family accepted his award on his behalf. Very emotional moment, not a dry seat in the house.

Overall I was really satisfied with all the winners. Kate Winslet was very deserving as was Sean Penn, althought I wouldnt have been upset if Mickey Rourke won. Hes definitly turned his life around and I hope big things come his way. Of course I was incredibly excited that Slumdog Millionaire took home the Oscar for Best Picture. They deserved it. The movie took home a total of 8 statues including Director, orginal score and original song.

It was a good night.


0 comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online